Rhythms of Life: Nonprofit Administration Internship
19 - 22 Tower Street Seven Dials
London, London WC2H 9TW
M-F : 10:00- 18:00
about Rhythms of life
We are a registered homelessness charity based in London. Our main service is providing food and support to the homeless and those in need, 365 days a year. Since 2008, Rhythms of Life has served more than 311,000 meals to London’s homeless.
We also run a selection of free classes such as art, life skills/IT, literacy and CV writing classes. In addition, we have a huge amount of clothes, toiletries and other items that enable us to service our users for interviews. We have different events throughout the year to help our friends on the street and remind them that there is help out there for them.
Our charity is run 100% by a team of volunteers, which means every penny goes straight to where it is most needed in the charity. Our volunteers are enthusiastic and dedicated, and roles vary from administration, PR/Marketing, and fundraising/events. We also have a wonderful group of regular volunteers who distribute food every night. Our charity welcomes new volunteers/internships/erasmus placements to our team.
Visit our website: www.rhythmsoflife.org.uk
- Minimum time commitment is 1 day a week (10am - 6pm) for 3 months, 3-5 days a week is preferred.
- If you would like to gain experience in administration and/or working within a charity, then this is a great opportunity for you. It is an extremely rewarding job!
Your Duties as an intern:
- Answer phone calls/emails
- Help plan and coordinate events
- Attend meetings (progressing to running meetings)
- Brainstorm ideas with the team
- Help with fundraising
- Be a key part of the day to day running of the charity
- Good communication skills
- Be able to use and ideally teach basic computer software such as:
- Microsoft word
- Be confident to answer calls
- Able to organize staff
- Be a team player as well as being able to work independently
- Able to follow instructions
- Interested in:
- Gaining experience from working in an office environment
- Working with new people
- Gaining new skills