Rediscovery Centre: Enviornmental Education Intern
The Boiler House, Ballymun Rd., Ballymun, Dublin, D09 HK58, Ireland
Mon-Sat : 9am-5pm
about the rediscovery centre
The Rediscovery Centre is a creative space connecting people, ideas and resources. We bring together the skills and expertise of artists, scientists, designers and craftsmen united in a common purpose of sustainability through resource efficiency and reuse. The Rediscovery Centre supports the development of the circular economy and advocates for a more resilient, equitable society.
The Centre has four reuse social enterprises Rediscover Furniture, Rediscover Fashion, Rediscover Paint and Rediscover Cycling. These enterprises use waste and unwanted materials as a resource and raw material for new product design.
The Rediscovery Centre is based in the newly repurposed Boiler House in Ballymun. The building has been developed as a prototype ‘3D textbook’ a relatively new concept in experiential learning and the first of its kind in Europe. The centre demonstrates best practice building design, construction and operation and defines the building and environs as an educational tool to inspire, inform and lead positive behavioral change with respect to resource management and efficiency.
Visit our website: www.rediscoverycentre.ie
- 8-week minimum placement
Your Duties as an intern:
- Assisting in the booking process of all the education workshops and activities, including contacting schools and groups by phone to confirm booking details.
- Helping with all education administration including recording number of attendees, filing of booking forms and evaluation forms.
- Liaising with education suppliers
- Assisting with education reports and funding applications
- Assisting in the promotion of workshops to schools, libraries, businesses and corporate bodies.
- Provide support during education workshop.
- Assistance in general administration under the direction of the office manager when required.
As an intern you will also be able to participate in the other projects at the Rediscovery Centre.
- High level of attention to detail
- Interest in:
- Waste Management
- Environmental education
- Sustainable living
- Marketing experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Enjoy working with elementray aged children