Rediscovery Centre: Business Administration Intern
The Boiler House, Ballymun Rd., Ballymun, Dublin, D09 HK58, Ireland
Mon-Sat : 9am-5pm
about the rediscovery centre
The Rediscovery Centre is a creative space connecting people, ideas and resources. We bring together the skills and expertise of artists, scientists, designers and craftsmen united in a common purpose of sustainability through resource efficiency and reuse. The Rediscovery Centre supports the development of the circular economy and advocates for a more resilient, equitable society.
The Centre has four reuse social enterprises Rediscover Furniture, Rediscover Fashion, Rediscover Paint and Rediscover Cycling. These enterprises use waste and unwanted materials as a resource and raw material for new product design.
The Rediscovery Centre is based in the newly repurposed Boiler House in Ballymun. The building has been developed as a prototype ‘3D textbook’ a relatively new concept in experiential learning and the first of its kind in Europe. The centre demonstrates best practice building design, construction and operation and defines the building and environs as an educational tool to inspire, inform and lead positive behavioral change with respect to resource management and efficiency.
Visit our website: www.rediscoverycentre.ie
- 8-week minimum placement; 12 week is ideal.
- Please note discretion and confidentiality will be of utmost importance in this role.
Your Duties as an intern:
- Assistance with the preparation of:
- Strategy documents
- Funding applications
- Other communications as needed
- Coordination & scheduling of internal and external meetings
- Attendance at meetings & minute taking
- Support and/or management of:
- PR and communications support including social media as required
- Assisting with website updates
- Finance & accounts administration
- Travel & social event management
As an intern you will also be able to participate in the other projects at the Rediscovery Centre.
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong IT skills (word, powerpoint, outlook, excel essential)
- Marketing experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Previous experience in similar role or organization a bonus but not required.
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include 'Babette Candidate: Rediscovery Centre Business Administration Intern' in subject line when sending your email and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org so we can follow up with any further assistance.