Imaginosity: Creative Floor Facilitator Internship
The Plaza, Beacon South Quarter Sandyford, Dublin 18
M-F : 9:15- 5:45
Imaginosity, Dublin Children’s Museum, is Ireland’s first interactive children’s museum for children up to the age of 9 years and their families. The purpose of the Museum is to promote learning for children of all abilities through interactive, informal hands-on exhibits and programs. The museum is a welcoming, fun environment, which helps spark learning through imagination, creativity and discovery. Imaginosity relates to its region, its community, its children and their developmental needs. It is a place where children and adults learn through play.
Visit our website: imaginosity.ie
- 8-week minimum placement.
Must have an interest and passion for working with children and families..
Your Duties as an intern:
- To meet and exceed company service standards with regard to customer contact and interaction.
- Communicate with the public including general museum visitors, parents, care givers and community members.
- Enthusiasm and understanding of working with families and children, while projecting a polite, confident and efficient image of the organization.
- Participate and create new interactive exhibits and contribute to arts and cultural programming.
- Coordinate visiting groups, lead birthday party groups and assist at events.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep and maintenance of exhibit areas.
- Wear many different hats within the organization:
- Contributing to:
- Outreach programs
- External events
- Corporate events.
- Contributing to:
- Have customer service and some administration experience.
- Demonstrates a warm, friendly and helpful manner in communications.
- Ability to lift light objects and be on feet all day is essential.
- Possess superb organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Possess drive, energy and determination and be a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strive to maintain good working relationships with other team members and other departments within the organization.
- Willingness to work some Saturdays and Sundays during our peak hours.
- Professional appearance required and computer knowledge and interest a plus.
- Have an interest in one or more of the following:
- Early Years Learning
- Inspire enthusiasm and excitement about the Museum and its mission, and should be curious and enjoy learning.
- Actively researching, developing and contributing new ideas to the In-house & Outreach programming.