icon factory: gallery administration Internship
3 Aston Place, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Ireland
M-F : 10:00-6:00
about icon factory
The Icon Factory is an artist’s cooperative, not-for-profit collective based in the Temple Bar, Dublin. We are dedicated to celebrating Ireland’s cultural heritage and identity through art and creativity. The Icon Factory gallery is a non-commission exhibition space for all artists. The Icon Project is committed to promoting, providing training and experience to artists. We are dedicated to promoting Ireland’s cultural heritage at home and abroad.
The Icon Walk Dublin is a multi-street public art installation which showcases original artwork of Irish icons including: writers, playwrights, sports icons, musicians, and actors. The Icon Walk Dublin is accessible and relevant, collaborative and inclusive, efficient and adaptable.
- 12 week minimum, up to 6 months depending on applicant.
- 4-5 days a week with ability to do some work from home.
Please do not apply if you're not happy having lunch on the job!
Your Duties as an intern:
Promoting the mission of the organization to members of the public.
Answering enquirers and managing correspondence effectively and efficiently.
Communication with artists and associates.
Assisting with events such as the exhibition planning and promotional events.
Management of website to provide consistent communication.
PR and marketing
Assisting with the promotion of The Icon Factory across social media channels
- Researching artists, initiatives and networks relevant to the organization
- Sourcing suppliers for materials and produced products
Working alongside the gallery Director on various projects
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interest in the arts.
- Ability to employ creative thinking and problem solve.
- Ability to complete tasks as directed.
- Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines.
- Research skills.
- Experience in Marketing, Advertising and PR.
- Knowledge of social media tools
- Graphic design experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.