District Magazine Editorial Intern
13/14 Trinity St Level 5 Office
Dublin, Leinster 2
M-F : 10-7
about district magazine
District Magazine is music, art and culture digital and print publication based in Dublin with contributors in cities all over the world including London, LA, New York and Berlin.
As well as being the most visited site for hip hop in Ireland, garnering 60,000+ hits a month, we also focus on social issues pertinent to Ireland and globally including reproductive rights, LGBTQ+ rights, the homeless and housing crisis and more.
We began online approx. three years ago and earlier this year we printed our first quarterly physical publication. Just last week we launched the third issue of that, with over 700 people in attendance at the launch party.
Our regular events are a key part of what we do too, as it brings what we do into 'real life'. We host Q&A's, club nights, live music, art installations, exhibitions and stage curations at music festivals regularly.
Visit our website: districtmagazine.ie
- 3-week minimum placement.
- Placement will take place in our Dublin city centre office.
Your Duties as an intern:
- Editorial assistance will be the main task of the candidate. This includes:
- Research copywriting
- Mailing agents and PR to arrange interviews.
- Our aim is to have you conduct interviews with relatively big artists and musicians that will be published on the site.
- Creative input into meetings and brainstorms in which will include:
- Taking minutes of these meetings
- Giving your personal feedback.
- Our days are often weird and wonderful, filled with unexpected turns, so there will be duties that will arise out of the blue including:
- Assisting shoots and videos
- Attending events run by potential clients
- We're a small, close-knit team so first and foremost the ideal candidate needs to be both simultaneously laid back and extremely hard working. We have a lot of fun and it's like a family, but we're industrious.
- A finger firmly on the pulse of modern underground and alternative music. A varied taste is good, with a keen interest in older music, but a superb knowledge of modern hip hop, electronica, indie, etc. is essential.
- Lateral thinking and being unafraid to chime in with ideas is key. We want you to interrupt us and tell us 'there's a better way to do that'.
- Being someone who strives for social change is important too.